Cumbria Academy for Autism proposes to be an exceptional special freeschool for children and young-adults with a primary diagnosis of Autism, aged between 4-19 years old.
Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with and relates to other people. It also affects how they make sense of the world around them.
We believe all autistic children, given the right environment, are capable of excellence in all areas of their academic and personal lives, both now and in the future.
Cumbria Academy for Autism will offer;
- Highly experienced and qualified Teachers and Support Staff
- An enriched learning environment
- Very small class sizes with high staff to pupil ratios
- High levels of aspiration for every student both academically and socially.
- A bespoke package of education, enabling our students to develop, thrive and reach their full potential.
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Life skills as an integral part of all learning, giving students real life experiences and providing future independence.
Cohort of Learners
Learners will have a statement of SEN or EHCP and will have a primary diagnosis of autism. They will be identified/assessed as being unable to function in a full-time mainstream placement and will be unsuitable or not meet criteria for generic special needs schools. They will benefit from an autism specific approach to learning.